Gun Control Through The Backdoor
ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?
I am shamelessly reprinting this story and I suggest bloggers spread this story far and wide…oh, and somebody might want to let the Illinois PUMAs know this is going on.
Illinois — the land of Obama and the Blagojevich mafia — is serious about making the Second Amendment so expensive only the rich will be able to exercise it. Kenneth Dunkin, a former social worker and Democrat member of the Illinois House of Representatives, has introduced HB0687, entitled the “Firearm Owners ID-Insurance” bill. It is currently in the Rules Committee.
Dunkin’s bill amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act, a previous bill aimed at chipping away at the Second Amendment. Dunkin’s amendment states “that any person who owns a firearm in this State shall maintain a policy of liability insurance in the amount of at least $1,000,000 specifically covering any damages resulting from negligent or willful acts involving the use of such firearm while it is owned by such person.”
A million dollars!
Can you imagine the premium on such an insurance policy? It would be astronomical and out of the reach of most people in Illinois.
If the firearm owner cannot afford the insurance or decides that it is simply crazy and also unconstitutional and refuses to participate, “the Department of State Police shall revoke and seize a Firearm Owner’s Identification Card,” thus making the the firearm illegal and the owner a criminal.
If Dunkin’s bill makes it out of committee and is passed by the Illinois General Assembly, a whole lot of people will have their firearms confiscated by the State Police.
Research related articles:
- Illinois Bill Would Require Gun Owners to Buy $1M in Liability Insurance
- Illinois Democrat Introduces Gun Tracking Bill
- Gun Owners Not Welcome on Obama’s White House Team?
- Senate Finance Chairman Calls for Mandatory Health Insurance
- Gun owners protest police action
- Mississippi Passes Legislation Protecting Gun Owners During Martial Law
- Mississippi County Mulls “Terror Insurance”
- Tracking devices to cut car insurance rates
- FDIC deposit insurance not a sure thing
- Proposed Law May Allow Obama AG Holder to “Ban Guns at Will”
- Dems Use “Stimulus” as Cover for More Gun Control
Read the Second Amendment; it’s NOT about hunting and fishing.